Monday, August 19, 2024

20 Books

I have become aware of a challenge on social media to post the covers of "20 books that have influenced your life" with no comment-- just the covers.  I'm not on social media, so I will present them here.  And I'm too lazy to figure out how to screenprint 20 covers and manageably arrange them in a post, so I'll just give title and author for most.  I might as well have not even bothered, right?  I needed a topic anyway, so be that as it may:

Chicken Soup and Rice - Maurice Sendak

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut

Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck

The Education of H*Y*M*A*N K*A*P*L*A*N - Leo Rosten

Ethan Frome - Edith Wharton

The House of Blue Leaves - John Guare

Blues People - Leroi Jones (better known as Imamu Amiri Baraka)

Inter Ice Age 4 - Kobo Abe

A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess

Canapé-Vert - Pierre Marcelin and Philippe Thoby-Marcelin

Language in Thought and Action - S.I. Hayakawa

With William Burroughs: A Report from the Bunker - Victor Bockris

No More Police - Mariame Kaba and Andrea J. Ritchie

Nickel and Dimed - Barbara Ehrenreich

Orientalism - Edward Said

The Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein

Democracy in Chains - Nancy MacLean

Pictures at a Revolution - Mark Harris

The End of the Road - John Barth

~~~~~

I feel like I'm leaving something out.



No comments:

Post a Comment